The Council for Learning Outside the Classroom National Conference
Learning Outside the Classroom (LOtC) 2010 and Beyond
3rd December 2009
9.30 am – 5.00pm (refreshments and registration from 9.30)
Leeds Royal Armouries
The Council for Learning Outside the Classroom (CLOtC) is a national charity dedicated to championing the benefits of high quality learning experiences beyond the classroom for all young people aged 0-19 years. It is the Council’s firm belief that learning outside the classroom (LOtC) is a powerful tool in education, helping young people relate what they learn in school to their lives outside it.
Since taking over responsibility for the LOtC Manifesto in April 2009, our focus has been to drive forward the LOtC agenda by:
- Improving the quality of LOtC activities through the Quality Badge Scheme
- Developing partnerships and influencing policy and practice
- Supporting educational establishments through the Out and About Package
- Influential speakers from education correspondent and writer, Hilary Wilce, to Judith Hackitt, Chair of the Health and Safety Executive who will be talking on ‘Demystifying Health and Safety and its impacts on LOtC’
- The Council’s first AGM and elections to the Board of Trustees
- An open debate on barriers to learning outside the classroom
- A variety of practical and supportive LOtC workshops
- Quality Badge ‘Ask the Expert’ sessions and
Our national conference is aimed at a broad audience including headteachers, governors, directors of Children’s Services, LOtC providers, teachers, outdoor education advisors and other interested parties. However, spaces will be limited. Guarantee your place at the conference by booking early. Book online here.